Friday, September 18, 2009

2009 Drawings


In January I was driving home from Punxsutawney, PA (remember the movie "Groundhog Day"?) and we got out just as the snow was coming in. On the way I thought it appropriate to commemorate the occasion with a drawing - why not?

It is great fun to draw in a small enclosed space like a car. The perspective changes.






So, in March I was visiting my sister. While we were watching a movie I pulled out my drawing pad and drew what was there. It was a great evening - conversation around the movie (I'd already seen it, but the comments are different every time) and drawing. All of this and dessert! What's not to like?









My wife loves to garden. We live in a row house that is 108 years old. I am extremely reluctant to trim the maple trees in the back yard because they shade the back of the house from the summer sun. So our garden in the back yard doesn't get the sun it wants. My wife put some 5 gallon plastic buckets on the roof with soil in them and started a very nice garden there. This is a drawing of her rooftop garden.










I made several trips to Laredo TX this year. Laredo is right on the Mexican border. It gets a tad warm in the summer. The flight between Laredo and DFW is about an hour or so - it is a small plane as you can see.

No comments: